10.05.2010

Hip-hip-hippopotamus


Photo by George Ross, as featured in Hamptons Cottages and Gardens

I'm way into those gorgeous blue gourd lamps, and loving the striking koi print in this room by designer Tara Seawright.There are far too many pillows on that daybed/couch for everyday life (in my humble opinion - and B's), but there is one thing in that room that is by far my favorite element... That leather hippopotamus footstool is bananas!


They're made of leather over a steel frame so they're strong enough to be a footstool anytime or a seat occasionally. Can you imagine one of your friends perching on one of these guys at your next cocktail party?

My favorite part is the cheery smile on his face. Here's a better view (or click on the image below to enlarge it):

Isn't he such a cute little guy? I think the smaller size would be perfect in a kids room - too bad the small size is $395 and the big one is $875. Ouch. They must be shipped straight from the Serengeti for those prices...

Regardless, I'm still putting this happy hippo on my "future dream purchases" list. So cute!

Available at Scully & Scully or Jonathan Adler. Originally spotted on House of Turquoise.

No comments:

Post a Comment