6.24.2010

I Poo in Blue

Did I really just see this on TV??

An ad for denim....wait for it....diapers. Whaa?! You read that correctly. Huggies has indeed created limited edition jeans diapers. And they're not kidding.

The commercial starts with a Euro voiceover of "My diaper is full -- full of chic." and ends with the tagline, "The coolest you'll look pooping your pants." Oh and don't forget the middle bits: "When it's a number two, I look like number one." and "I poo in blue." That's copywriting gold, y'all.

But don't just read about it, see for yourself:

(In case you can't view embedded videos, click here.)


Wow. I'm kind of freaked out by the fact that they're sexualizing a male baby in the ad, but then again, I also think the whole thing is kind of totally hysterical (and gross at the same time...). See? Flip. Flop. Any ad that makes you unsure of whether you love it or hate it must be pretty good. I'm definitely weirded out by the whole thing, but I'm also pretty amused, so kudos, ad agency.

Though I heard they turn your baby's legs blue... Oops.

Oh, and Sarah: Take a look below - this could be soon-to-be-born-at-any-minute baby Caroline in just a few short months. Huzzah! ;)

Photo by Amber Porter

Oops! Did I just ruin the surprise of what I'm getting little Caroline for an arrival gift? Darn. (ha ha)


So what do you think? Heinous or hysterical? Would you buy these for your baby?

2 comments:

  1. We went to a 9:15 a.m. My Gym class on Friday. One of the super skinny, True Religion-jean-clad, sort of silicon Moms was playing with her son, and what did I spy? The telltale BLUE JEAN PATTERNED edge of one of these diapers, sticking out of his designer jeans, size 2T. So, we've seen them in action, sort of...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really??? Aaah! I didn't think people were really buying them! Sheesh... :)

    ReplyDelete