5.07.2010

What's SUP

Last night a few friends and I got to try out stand up paddling (or SUP, as the pros call it, evidently). I was so excited to finally give it a go - I've only been talking about it forever now.

We didn't get to take any pics (I was fairly certain I was going to fall in at any moment - which I never did, thankfully), but here are some good shots of other people SUPing:

This is not me. I wish.


Again, not me, or B, but I'm pretty sure this is B's dream scenario.
Man. Dog. Water. Paddle. Yup, B would be in heaven.

I can't wait to get out there and try it again. Now I just need a board, a paddle and a whole lotta free time SPF. Anyone want to "sponsor" my burgeoning SUP career? (Ha.)

p.s. You should all give it a go if you get the chance! It didn't feel too hard at the time, but it was a great workout - I'm definitely a little sore today, even from my quick runs out there. And happily, I can honestly say I didn't eat it once - woohoo! It was a blast!

Photo 1 by Allan Mozo; photo 2 by David Olsen.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rach! Come to Tequesta! SUP is huge here! I'm sending you something, for your new hobby.

    ReplyDelete