4.06.2010

To do: book list

I waxed poetic (ha) about reading and basking in the sun recently, but - shockingly - haven't quite followed through yet. Hey - it's been gorgeous out - things to do, boats to kayak, outside patio bars to haunt! - plus kickball has started back up and Lost is in its final season (I know, I know, awful to say, but it's true!).

But I am serious about turning off the tv (especially with the sun back, and past 6pm!) and digging into the large pile of books stacked on my bedside table.

I just started The Happiness Project today. I'm only about 20 pages in so I can't make a fair judgment yet, but I'm eager to read more. We could all use a little more happiness right?


Here are some of the other books currently (and patiently) sitting next to the bed and waiting to be read:

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
What the Dog Saw by Malcolm Gladwell
If You Have to Cry, Go Outside by Kelly Cutrone (my mother saw this one and thought of me - should I be concerned??)
What is the What by Dave Eggers
The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
Plainsong by Kent Haruf

Have you read any of these? Do you have a current favorite or something you just read and want to recommend?

2 comments:

  1. I just started Water for Elephants. I'm only about 50 pages in, and not hooked yet, but I'm hard to hook in the beginning. My mom promises that its a wonderful book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Art of Racing in the Rain is so good. Read that next :)

    ReplyDelete