4.12.2010

Color + a touch of clutter

Some would say my house is slightly minimalist (I am certainly not a junk hoarder, nor am I a huge tchotchke fan), but a little well-styled clutter goes a long way.

I was trying to find a unifying theme within the below photos that have been inspiring me lately, and all I could think was that each had great color, plus a little bit of perfectly styled clutter. What do you think?

These are stacks of perfection. I love, love, love the console too.


This bedroom is cheery, breezy, casual and comfy. I'd love to be a guest here for a week (or four).


Traditional wedgewood blue dining rooms are so not me, but the giant coral chandelier so is. Such a good pop of color in an otherwise very formal room. I love it!


A closet of dreams. Shoes? Bags? Great blouse on display and fabulous organization? Check, check and check. I love it, especially the great use of space in the over-the-door shelves (not to mention the sunny bedroom just beyond). Those who know me know that I'd happily sleep in a closet if it were well-organized and pretty enough. (Confession: sometimes I sit in my walk-in just because it's nice in there...)

Does these rooms appeal to you too or are they too busy for your taste? Clean or cluttered, I am loving the color and breeziness of them all, just in time for spring.

Photo credits: 1 and 4- Sabrina Linn's loft in Canadian House and Home, via Oh Happy Day; 2- My Home Ideas, via Young House Love; 3- Sanctuary Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment