3.30.2010

A tree in the house is better than two in the yard...

...is that not how the saying goes?

I know I've talked about greenery here on sea*life*style before - about how my boyfriend can grow peppers in a third-story apt., how much I love this crafty plant table, and I talked about my lust for an indoor citrus tree, even posting this gorgeous inspiration photo:


But with the chills of winter, I had all but forgotten about the possibility of lush greenery. Today I saw this photo on Pretty Pieces and was right back into my verdant obsession:

This giant Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree, or Ficus Lyrata, is so pretty! After seeing this, I'm dying to add some true trees to our little house - not only for their beauty, but also for the air-purifying qualities. We're already doing a decent job of it with B's plants scattered about the guest room, but I think a big ol' tree would really seal the deal of green air in our home.

I've narrowed down my wont to either a fig tree or a citrus tree, and I've dug up a bunch of photos to illustrate my point of how amazing a tree in the house can be. Check it out:







So what do you think? Do you like the idea of a tree (or trees) in the house? Have you ever seen a Fiddle Leaf Fig indoors (I hadn't, either indoors or out!)? Do you like citrus plants inside?

Here's to spring's greenery - inside and out!

Photo credits: pic 1- here; 2- Grant K. Gibson's home; 3- House Beautiful, via Little Green Notebook; 4- Domino, via Dress, Design & Decor; 5- Grant K. Gibson's home; 6- House Beautiful, via Little Green Notebook; 7- SHELTER; 8- Abbey Goes Design Scouting; 9- Domino, via Dress, Design & Decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment