2.11.2010

Tie one on


Photo from Lonny Magazine, Feb. 2010 issue

I've been on the lookout for a good way to store my jewelry for a while now. I even posted about jewelry storage/display options back in July.

Then in November I featured an apartment Nate Berkus decorated (for his sister, lucky girl), where he draped a necklace over a lamp for some added oomph. Here's said lamp:


When I saw this photo on Sanctuary Home (originally from Domino Magazine, RIP) the other day, my brain finally clicked into gear and I realized I love the idea of draping my necklaces over something - in this case, a mirror:


See how Camila of High-Heeled Foot in the Door draped a pretty turquoise necklace over a very white lamp to add a pop of color?:


She even did the same thing (in the same room) to a jar to break up all the white:


And I looove this dressing area from Lonny where bracelets and earrings are displayed on a proper jewelry storage apparatus, but chunky necklaces are jauntily hung over the lamp shade (not to mention the gorg lucite shoe display!).


So what do you think? Do you like the look of necklaces draped over something - something not necessarily designed for jewelry storage? I'm thinking of buying a large (maybe lidded?) vase of some sort, adding it to my dresser top, and hanging my necklaces around the neck. Would that warrant me a first-class ticket on the train to crazy town or do you think it would be kind of cool and non-traditional?

No comments:

Post a Comment