2.11.2010

Tastes like summer: Magic Juice

In an effort to trick myself into thinking we're not still in the dead of winter (with likely at least another two months to go), I've been salivating over fresh fruit, light layers and delicious drinks.

Yesterday was another snow day here, so B and I made smoothies for brunch (from frozen fruit chunks, since you'd be hard-pressed to find fresh mango around here right now), but I'm drooling over this drink recipe posted on Design*Sponge last week:

Doesn't it look delicious? (If not totally out of season...)

Created by wardrobe stylist Talitha and shared with us by Tec and Chelsea Petaja (he, an amazing photographer; she, an artist and educator), "Magic Juice" looks light, refreshing and perfect for a summer day....or just for pretending it's summer.

Here's the run-down on how to make it:

Ingredients (makes two drinks):
6 hulled strawberries
1 peeled orange
5-7 mint leaves
1/4 peeled cucumber
4-6 oz gin, depending on taste
8 oz fresh lemonade

Methodology:
Dice, then muddle fruits and mint
Pour gin into fruit mixture and let sit for 10-15 minutes
Strain over lemonade and ice
Garnish with fruit slice or mint leaf

I might crank up the heat in our house, put on some shorts (and perhaps some self-tanner - don't want to blind myself with those pale, pale legs), kick back with one of these bevs, and pretend like there's not actually still 39" of snow on the ground.

1 comment:

  1. Can I join you? I don't do anything at work anyway. They'll never notice I'm gone!

    ReplyDelete