12.09.2009

Wrap it up


With the holiday season quiiiiickly approaching (oh so quickly, gulp), I'm already thinking about wrapping the presents we'll be giving. Everyone who knows me knows that I'm obsessed with wrapping paper, ribbon, embellishments and any other fun stuff I can add on to a present; oh how a prettily wrapped package makes me happy!

What some people might not know is that I'm actually a horrible wrapper. (Not rapper - I know all the words to Ice, Ice Baby, thank you very much. Ha.) It's really the bow-tying that eludes me. For some reason I can never get the bow just right. Sometimes I can wrangle a lovely knot and loops, but then they'll be upside down on the package. Sometimes it just keeps coming loose. Somehow I usually make it work, but I wish I knew the correct way to tie the perfect bow the first time.

Enter Paper Source.

Just yesterday they posted this step-by-step tutorial showing you how to tie a bow.

The pictures at each step make it easy to understand and follow along.

Martha Stewart also has some ideas on the subject, of course. For her instructions on how to tie the perfect bow, as well as info for two other types of bows, check out Martha's how-to here.

Now that we all know how to tie the perfect bow, here's some ribbon and wrapping eye candy for you. Enjoy and get to wrapping!



Images from: 1- Pikku Wares, 2&3- Paper Source, 4- Martha Stewart, 5- Purl Bee, 6- Truly Smitten.

No comments:

Post a Comment