9.17.2009

Hallo-what?

Being that it was 78 degrees here yesterday, I know it's not quite fall yet. I'm not ready for turtlenecks and boots, not for October and definitely not for Halloween. But the stores and websites just keep telling me it's time. Everywhere I look I see pumpkins, skulls and jumbo bags of candy. Therefore, I blame the mass-market for this Gothic-y inspiration that's overcome me today. I am loving these Halloween decorations:






Photos from: Martha Stewart, Wiley Valentine, Prometheus Springs (as seen on Wiley Valentine), Sunset Magazine and Pottery Barn (x2).

And in case you want to get a bit classy with it, here are some less ghouly options:

Beautiful pumpkin and pomegranate centerpiece (can you even get pomegranates in the grocery store?) from Sunset Magazine:


And a nice alternative to your crooked-y smile Jack-o-lantern, these adorable carved pumpkin house numbers (also from Sunset Magazine, but different article) would look awesome if you had a porch this nice:


And last, who doesn't love a little shiny pumpkin action (from Pottery Barn of course)?

So, without further ado, bring on the crackly leaves underfoot, the fun white pumpkins, and best of all, the scads of candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment