8.08.2009

Julie & Jul-yah!

As I just mentioned, Friday morning started out a bit raggedly for me, but it got much better pretty soon thereafter because we went out for lunch (a perfectly carb-tastic and slightly greasy choice of Japanese pan noodles from Noodles & Company, which really helped my big h-over) and then to a matinee of Julie & Julia.

Meryl Streep as Julia Child in Julie & Julia

I absolutely loved it! The movie was charming, funny and really made me want to go home and cook (which is not necessarily a good thing for those around me or their stomachs). As I suspected when I first heard about this movie, it was completely adorable and both Meryl Streep and Amy Adams were perfect as Julia and Julie, respectively. This is definitely one I will be buying when it comes out on DVD (which should be right around the holidays [cough, gift, cough]), though I totally suggest going to see it now in the theaters. Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment