5.27.2009

Just Dutchy

I know it's been around for a while, but I still absolutely love the Dutchtub. I can't wait to have my own backyard so that we can get a fun (and eco-friendly) outdoor hot tub.

And in case you don't know what a Dutchtub is, it's essentially a lightweight tub (looks like the bottom half of a giant piggy bank to me) with attached coils in which you burn wood to heat the water in the coils, thereby heating the tub. No plug or electricity needed. Where else can you sit in a hot tub (and located virtually anywhere in the world, thanks to its supreme transportability) and make s'mores at the same time? I think a sweet blue/green Dutchtub would be a perfect addition to a backyard and the patio heater that I mentioned yesterday. :)



The best part of it, though, is that - in theory - you don't have to have a backyard. Weighing in at only 165 pounds (without water), it's portable enough to, say, throw on your raft and paddle down the river or put on top of your Mini Cooper and drive to your destination. Oh, those zany Dutchmen.



No comments:

Post a Comment